Compassionate & Tenacious Legal Representation
Bailey Glasser lawyers are deeply committed to fighting for victims of child sexual abuse, adult sexual assault, and human trafficking in all settings. Often, survivors feel hesitant to come forward with their claims. Our trauma-informed team provides a comforting, supportive setting for our clients, empowering them to find their voice and fight for justice one step at a time. All information shared with us is maintained as strictly confidential.
Some of our most inspiring clients have sustained unfathomable sexual abuse by persons in positions of trust, such as caregivers, clergy, detention guards, and teachers. We tirelessly seek justice and institutional change on behalf of survivors, exposing systemic wrongdoing and preventing future perpetration by holding individuals and institutions accountable.
Please contact us for a free consultation.
Here are some resources for survivor assistance. These are not substitutes for your personal medical treatment or therapy, which we encourage you to pursue independent of any legal action. Please also report your abuse to law enforcement if you are able.
SurvivorSpace - A Safe Place for Survivors of Sexual Abuse to Heal – Here you can listen to others’ survivor stories, explore laws and remedies, connect with fellow survivors through a forum thread or chat group, and explore self care tools. This site also gives and overview of the civil and criminal litigation processes.
www.childusa.org/library: This is a free online library of books, documentaries, articles and online resources.
Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453 or text 1-800-422-4463 or Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline | (childhelphotline.org): This organization provides crisis intervention, information and referrals to social service and support – option to talk to a counselor. Serves over 140 languages.
RAINN—Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network: This is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization. Hotline open 24/7: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673); online chat and app available at: RAINN.org; Espanol: rainn.org/es
National Center for Victims of Crime (NCVC): www.victimsofcrime.org
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255. 24/7 free and confidential support.
- L.K. and D.S. v. Potomac Center, Inc. (West Virginia): Lead counsel securing $3.5 million verdict for two developmentally disabled youths abused and neglected at a residential group home. This is the largest verdict on record in Hardy County, West Virginia, and Ms. Iskra continues to fight for her clients on Defendants' appeal to the West Virginia Supreme Court."
- Doe v. Yeshiva University et al.,(New York): Lead counsel representing an adult sexually abused by clergy under the New York Child Victims Act and state human rights laws.
- R.S. and K.S. on behalf of A.S. v. Kanawha County Board of Education et al., (West Virginia): Lead counsel securing a share of the largest consolidated settlement by a West Virginia school board on behalf of a disabled elementary student physically and verbally abused by his special needs classroom teacher.
Bumgarner et al. v. West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources: Co-lead counsel representing estates of five children allegedly abused and murdered after being placed in a dangerous home by WVDHHR.
News & Insights
- BG Lawsuits Covered in Washington Post Article: “Lawsuits Allege Dozens Were Sexually Abused in Md. Juvenile Facilities”10.25.2023
- 42 Bailey Glasser Lawyers Named To The Best Lawyers in America & Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch 2024 Guides08.17.2023
- BG Institutional Abuse & Neglect Team Secures Share of Record $11.75M Settlement for Special Needs Student Abused at Holz Elementary07.31.2023
- Bailey Glasser Awarded Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2023 and Achieves Nationwide Rankings in ERISA and Product Liability Litigation06.15.2023