Client service is the backbone of the hospitality industry. At Bailey Glasser, we share that dedication and understand that hospitality businesses require comprehensive legal services to enable them to deliver the best services and experiences for their guests. The firm has helped clients in the hospitality industry including hotels, casinos, ski resorts, restaurants, and franchise participants from some of the largest companies in the world to small family-owned, or independent proprietors.
The firm also advises clients on the purchase of commercial properties that are leased to company owned or franchisee tenants who are engaged in the hospitality industry.
Our multi-disciplinary hospitality teams have experience in all sectors of the industry. Comprised of lawyers from our corporate, securities, tax, commercial/project finance, business formation, transactions, real estate, and labor & employment, we understand all the facets that make up the hospitality industry. We assist in obtaining licenses, navigating complex regulatory schemes, and handling labor and employment issues. We also help to secure financing, acquire, or sell assets and create, negotiate, and enforce franchise agreements.
- Serve as corporate structure and tax counsel for the part-owner of a new brick and mortar casino being developed under Virginia’s new gaming statutes.
- Negotiated a franchise agreement and a $1M purchase and sale agreement for a small-family-owned business in NJ (ongoing).
- Purchased and sold dozens of operating franchise properties.
- Negotiated and documented financing for greenfield full and limited-service hotels.
- Represent taxing authorities in the collection of hotel/motel and sales taxes associated with hotel groups in receivership.
- Represented an affiliate of the scholar hotel group concerning the acquisition and redevelopment of a small hotel in West Virginia.
- Represented the purchaser of a commercial property in Tampa, FL that is leased to Starbucks Corporation.
- Represented the purchaser of a commercial property in Tulsa, OK that is leased to a franchisee of Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen.