When Experience Matters Most.
We help people suffering from medical malpractice during medical care, surgeries, or procedures. We know your life may have changed forever. Let us help you.
Every day we rely on doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other medical personnel to take care of the health and well-being of our families. Unfortunately, medical malpractice occurs when these healthcare professionals deviate from required standards of care, resulting in injury or harm, and even death. A study performed by one of the most prestigious medical centers in the United States found that medical negligence is a leading cause of death in America. In addition, medical errors also account for billions of dollars in losses.
Medical malpractice can occur in many different ways, including something a medical professional did wrong or something they failed to do. Examples of medical malpractice include:
- Delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis
- Delay in receiving treatment
- Medications errors, including being prescribed the wrong medication or wrong dosage of medication
- Anesthesia errors
- Surgical errors or unnecessary surgery, including abdominal, gallbladder, gynecological, and cardiac
- Product liability
- Foreign objects
- Birth Injuries
- Obstetric-related errors
- Cosmetic procedure errors
- Physician or hospital negligence
- Wrongful death
- Urgent Care or Emergency Room care mistakes
- Unnecessary medical care or surgery
- Cancer misdiagnosis
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Avoidable medical errors
At Bailey Glasser, our medical malpractice lawyers understand the heartache and stress families endure when medical negligence leads to harm or injury. For 25 years as a firm and with decades of collective lawyer experience, we've stood by families, providing unwavering support and experienced legal counsel throughout the complexities of medical malpractice claims.
We have tried over one hundred medical malpractice cases to verdict. Our firm’s trial experience allows us to take an aggressive approach in obtaining the highest dollar value for our clients either through negotiation or verdict.
Reducing the Burden for our Clients
We bear the costs: because the expense of litigating and trying medical malpractice cases is often beyond a client’s economic means, we bear all costs of pursuing these cases. We only accept payment when our clients are successful in obtaining a recovery.
Nationwide reach: Our lawyers handle matters in most states but can also connect you with other attorneys who can assist with your case without any additional cost to you.
Time tip: We know that it takes time to recover from injuries, or the loss of a loved one. It is, however, important that you speak to a lawyer as soon as you can regarding your potential medical malpractice claim as there are deadlines (called “statutes of limitation”) that impact your ability to have your claim properly evaluated and filed. For example, in West Virginia, an injured party must file a medical malpractice claim within two years of the date of the injury or death. There are limited exceptions, but they are not automatic and are ultimately subject to judicial discretion.
Why Bailey Glasser
Years of Expertise: With decades of collective experience in handling medical malpractice matters – including Greg Haddad, one of our Practice Group Leaders who was a licensed pharmacist - and with a sophisticated litigation practice, we know how to navigate the complexities of medical malpractice cases. And although many malpractice cases settle before trial, unlike some law firms, we know our way around courtroom and can present your case effectively to a jury.
Thorough Investigation: We conduct comprehensive investigations, consulting medical experts and reviewing records to determine if medical negligence occurred.
Dedicated Advocacy: Our lawyers passionately advocate for your family's rights, seeking fair compensation for medical expenses, pain, suffering, and future care needs.
Successful Track Record: We've secured substantial compensation for families affected by medical negligence. Our successful outcomes speak volumes about our commitment to securing justice and financial recovery for our clients.
Personalized Attention: Your family's well-being is our priority. We provide prompt and personalized attention, ensuring you're informed and supported at every stage of the legal process.
Transparent Communication: We believe in clear and open communication. We keep you updated, explain complex legal jargon in plain language, and address your concerns promptly.
We Know How Defendants Think: Members of our team in the past have defended medical professionals against malpractice claims. Because of this experience, we have “seen behind the curtain” how the complex health care system works and where to look for hidden information that can reveal negligence.
Compassion Drives Our Practice
We know that behind every case is a family enduring emotional distress. Our approach is not just legal; it's deeply empathetic. We take the time to understand your needs, fears, and challenges.
Your Family's Well-being Matters
If your family has been affected by medical malpractice, don't face this challenging situation alone. Please reach out to us today.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please read our important disclaimer here.
Video Resource: Did I Receive Proper Testing?
Video Resource: What Are Common Misperceptions About Cosmetic Testing?
Video Resource: What Can Veterans Do When They Think They Received Faulty Care?
Video Resource: How Do I Know If I've Suffered Injuries From a Medical Mistake?
Bailey Glasser has obtained millions of dollars in compensation for its clients by way of settlement or verdict due to medical negligence.
Representative Matters include:
- We secured a $17 million jury verdict on behalf of our client, Mike Rodgers, who instead of receiving proper care for a spinal column injury, was rendered paraplegic. BG partners Greg Haddad and Sharon Iskra tried the case over eight days in a matter that was heavily fought by the defendant who sought to avoid responsibility for his negligence.
- Obtained a seven-figure settlement for damages from a bowel perforation and delay in corrective treatment after a diagnostic laparoscopy resulted in the need for additional surgeries and permanent injury for our client.
- Successfully settled a matter involving a blind insertion of equipment used for a laparoscopic procedure, which injured our client's colon and aorta, resulting in renal failure, hypoxemic respiratory failure, and the need for a colostomy. Following initiation of the suit, he continued to suffer complications from the surgery and died as a result. During deposition, we were able to get the doctor who inserted the equipment to admit he deviated from the standard of care.
- Settled a matter involving a heart and vascular center that did not use a safety device that would have prevented air from being inserted during a cardiac catheterization.
- Obtained a $4 million dollar verdict in Idaho concerning improper care in performing a cosmetic procedure.
- Obtained a settlement on behalf of a client who passed away after the defendant incorrectly programmed our client’s implantable defibrillator.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a client who passed away after he was insufficiently treated by an emergency room after presenting with cardiac arrest symptoms, which was followed by a doctor refusing to see him until he took an outpatient stress test. He died from cardiac arrest eight days later.
- Obtained a settlement on behalf of our client who suffered permanent physical injuries following the delivery of her child.
- Settled a matter whereby the defendants failed to appreciate signs of Acute Septic Myocarditis and Acute Prostatitis with prostate abscess during an emergency room visit. As a result, our client was misdiagnosed as having shoulder pain, discharged home and passed away a few hours later.
- Obtained a confidential settlement involving failure to appropriately treat a suicidal patient.
- Represented and settled a plaintiff in a defective product case involving loss of vision in one eye for seven-figure settlement.
- Obtained a confidential settlement for a widow whose spouse was the victim of negligent surgical care.
- Obtained a confidential settlement for the family of child who died from negligent medical care.
- Obtained a confidential settlement for a widow whose spouse who died as a result of negligent emergency room care.
- Represented numerous plaintiffs in a case surrounding negligent cardiac surgery.
- Represented a patient who suffered complications of a knee replacement surgery.
News & Insights
- 42 Bailey Glasser Lawyers Named To The Best Lawyers in America & Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch 2024 Guides08.17.2023
- West Virginia Jury Awards $17 Million in Medical Malpractice Verdict, Holding Doctor Accountable for Reckless Shortcuts03.26.2022