During the past two decades, Todd Mathews has secured numerous multi-million dollar trial verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients, successfully representing plaintiffs nationwide across product liability, personal injury, employment, sexual abuse, class action, mass tort, and whistleblower cases.
Todd served as co-lead trial counsel to the Official Committee of Talc Claimants in the Johnson & Johnson bankruptcy of its special purpose subsidiary LTL Management. For more please visit here.
His courtroom efforts have not gone unnoticed. Todd is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, an invitation-only organization composed of premier trial lawyers from each state or region, and is a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in America.
A partner in Bailey Glasser’s St. Louis office, Todd joined the firm in September 2021.
Todd serves on the plaintiff’s executive committee of both the Atrium Hernia Mesh Multidistrict Litigation (MDL) in New Hampshire and the Smith and Nephew Hips MDL in Maryland. He also holds leadership committee positions on the Bard Hernia Mesh Coordinated Cases, Mirena PTC MDL, and Taxotere MDL. He serves the Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers as a representative to the American Association of Justice’s board of governors.
A regular organizer of and speaker at legal symposiums worldwide, Todd designs events that facilitate leadership roles, reflect organizational structure, and encourage coordinated litigation efforts. His conferences have featured hundreds of U.S. law firms.
Todd holds a J.D. from Nova Southeastern University School of Law, as well as a bachelor’s degree from Southern Illinois University.
Awards & Accolades
Best Lawyers in America, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Action - Plaintiffs, Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs, Product Liability Law - Plaintiffs, Webster Groves, MO (2024)
J.D., Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, 1996
B.A., Southern Illinois University, 1994
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Serves as the co-lead counsel for the Talc Creditors Committee in the LTL/J&J bankruptcy which is pending in New Jersey
News & Insights
News & Insights
- BG Lawsuits Covered in Washington Post Article: “Lawsuits Allege Dozens Were Sexually Abused in Md. Juvenile Facilities”10.25.2023
- Bailey Glasser Awarded Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2023 and Achieves Nationwide Rankings in ERISA and Product Liability Litigation06.15.2023
- Bailey Glasser Team Led By Brian Glasser Helps Dismiss Improperly Filed Mass Tort Bankruptcy By 3M Subsidiary Aearo Technologies06.12.2023
- Federal Appeals Court Rejects J&J Texas Two-Step Maneuver In Huge Victory For Plaintiffs Harmed By J&J Baby Powder01.30.2023
- Another Victory for Roundup Victims: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit Unanimously Rules Claims Are Not Preempted by Federal Law07.12.2022
Community & Professional
Community and Professional Activities
National Trial Lawyers Association
Madison County Bar Association
Missouri Bar Association Solo and Small Firm Committee
Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
American Association for Justice
American Association for Justice Leaders Forum
National Asbestos Mesothelioma Trial Lawyers
Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
American Bar Association
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association