Bailey Glasser labor and employment litigators have appeared in both state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as administrative proceedings involving the NLRB, US Department of Labor (OSHA & MSHA), the EEOC, federal and state wage and hour agencies, and state human rights agencies.
We represent our clients in labor arbitration hearings and negotiate collective bargaining agreements with various labor unions including the Teamsters, Steelworkers, Machinists, and craft unions in the building trades. We routinely advise our clients dealing with employee problems and issues in an ever-changing workplace environment, and draft employee handbooks and policies for our employer clients.
Our lawyers are often called upon to provide on-site training to employees and managers regarding all aspects of the employment relationship.
The firm’s wide-ranging experience in employee benefits law also includes representation of employees in several ERISA-based class action suits. We have defended employers, trusts, and individuals in several landmark ERISA cases.
- Obtained a $900,000 plus jury verdict in an age discrimination case on behalf of a 35-year accredited service employee in West Virginia
- Successfully tried a sexual orientation discrimination case to verdict against a nonprofit organization; this lawsuit was the first of its kind to make it to a jury in West Virginia
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a hospital in a contentious and precedent-setting race discrimination lawsuit
- Defended hospital in sexual harassment and gender discrimination cases
- Helped victims of sexual harassment successfully resolve their employment discrimination lawsuits against former employers, pre-trial
- Defended international oil and gas company in various deliberate intent cases and resolved same favorably
News & Insights
- Bailey Glasser Attorneys File Class-Action Against 11 Applebee’s Restaurants On Behalf of Tipped Employees Alleging Wage Violations12.06.2016