Bailey Glasser has served as lead counsel in class action lawsuits generating almost $150 million for consumers harmed by companies that violate the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). This law protects consumers from unsolicited telemarketing calls, robocalls, and spam text messaging on home and cellular telephone lines. Every time the TCPA is breached without penalty it erodes the privacy of individuals.
Notably, Bailey Glasser scored a precedent-setting TCPA win of a jury verdict and treble damages award resulting in a $61.3 million class action judgment for against DISH Network. The firm was lead trial and appellate counsel, and the judgment was completely affirmed by the US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
On the heels of the DISH verdict in 2017 came two more TCPA class action settlements for our clients – one against Alarm.com for $28 million, and another against Monitronics International, also for $28 million.
If you receive unwanted phone calls or text messages without your specific written instructions authorizing the contact, we urge you to reach out to us to discuss your options.
- Of Counsel
- Won five-day jury trial and a treble damages award from the court, resulting in $61.3 million judgment against DISH Network for thousands of telemarketing calls placed to numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry in violation of the TCPA; Bailey Glasser lawyers led the trial team, and argued the appeal resulting in a complete affirmance by the US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit; case featured in the Wall Street Journal and CBS Evening News
- With Bailey Glasser lawyers serving as co-lead and liaison MDL counsel, won a $28 million TCPA settlement for nationwide class of consumers who received alarm-system telemarketing calls (In re Monitronics TCPA Litig.); lawsuit featured on NBC’s Today Show
- Settled TCPA class action for $28 million in Hankins v. Alarm.com for nationwide class
- Won TCPA class action settlement of $11 million in Mey v. Frontier Communications
News & Insights
- Federal Judge Triples Damages Against Dish In Telemarketing Lawsuit, Resulting in $61.34M in Damages05.23.2017