Bailey Glasser counsels banks and financial services companies on both their day-to-day operations and wider strategic objectives. Uncertain economies demand legal strategies that address regulatory and enforcement risks and the costs of compliance.
We partner with our clients on all legal issues in banking including lending, collecting, debt restructuring, bank mergers and acquisitions, regulatory demands, financial technology, and the compliance challenges that have come with reform.
Bailey Glasser represents businesses and individuals borrowing funds for a diverse range of commercial purposes from simple land acquisition to capital equipment leasing, to corporate bond issuance, to refinance existing revolving and term debt. From organizing entity and asset holding structure before seeking debt all the way to closing, we work with each of our borrower clients to negotiate the best possible loan terms and structure then document the deal in understandable terms that can be administered during the term of the loan.
We also represent numerous traditional lenders and non-traditional financiers conducting borrower and loan due diligence followed by negotiation and documentation of loan terms, closing the transaction and filing liens ranging from traditional UCC and real property liens to marine and aircraft liens.
Our multidisciplinary team of lawyers advises financial institutions about the legal issues that arise during the development and implementation of financial technology. We combine strategic regulatory advice, transactional counseling, and apply in-depth knowledge of working with clients in the financial services industry. We work with established financial institutions and start-up companies alike, as they have acquired, invested in, developed, implemented and brought to market new financial technologies, platforms, products and services.
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
- Represented the lender in the negotiation and documentation of a credit facility designed to provide development and operating funds in excess of $500 million in project finance for an industrial development; also served as counsel to the lender in a restructuring to materially improve the collateral package provided to the lender
- Represented the client as lessee in the negotiation and documentation of leases covering coal-mining equipment to be used in Canada with the financing arm of a major equipment manufacturer in the aggregate amount of $65 million
- Represented borrower in the negotiation of the payoff of a combination equity and debt financing provided by a large, national insurance company then refinance the equity and debt into pure, traditional secured debt at a materially reduced interest rate
News & Insights
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Update: SBA and Treasury Set Date for PPP2 Launch; New Guidance for PPP2 Released01.15.2021
- Paycheck Protection Program Update: SBA Forgiveness Applications Expected Soon, DOJ Investigations into Fraud, and SBA Procedural Notices10.26.2020
- PPP Loan Recipients: It Is Critical to Ensure Your Publicly-Available Data Is Accurate and That You Are Prepared to Respond to Government Investigations08.03.2020
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Update: Borrowers’ Details Released, Application Window Deadline Extended07.10.2020