Bailey Glasser represents policyholders in disputes involving first party property, business interruption, third party liability, professional liability, and D&O insurance coverage. We have secured millions of dollars in insurance for our clients in jurisdictions across the United States.
We understand the claim process and work to obtain partial or interim payments from insurers, even where coverage disputes may exist on some items or issues. We also help clients navigate the complexities of dealing with insurers once a loss occurs or a claim is made, helping clients to avoid time traps and other technical conditions in policies that could negatively impact recoveries. Our goal is to get your company up and running and protect your balance sheet as much as possible.
We are trial lawyers at the core. If your insurance company refuses to pay, our team is well-prepared to go to trial. We also have conducted appraisals and arbitrations for our insurance clients where that is required or more cost-effective.
The firm's experience spans the range of phases of the risk management process, including policy review, renewal issues, tender of claims, negotiation, and dispute resolution, including litigation at the trial and appellate court levels, as well as arbitration and mediation of such disputes.
- Obtained a $4,629,130 award in a declaratory judgment action where the insurer refused to defend a large automotive retailer in a prior litigation
- Successfully assisted a client in obtaining partial payment of a judgment for an employment claim of a former employee; with our assistance the insurance company agreed to pay 60% of a $400,000 judgment after refusing to pay anything on the claim, and to reimburse the client for defense costs
- Represented an investment firm in a case to recover damages pursuant to the insurance company’s refusal to provide a defense and indemnification in a lawsuit alleging negligent investment advice; case resolved on favorable terms for the client shortly after the case was filed against the insurance company
- Brought a declaratory judgment case against several insurers seeking declaratory relief involving commercial general liability policies for contractors; case involved coverage area disputes and denial of indemnity claims based on workmanship exclusions
News & Insights
- 42 Bailey Glasser Lawyers Named To The Best Lawyers in America & Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch 2024 Guides08.17.2023
- The Very High Cost of Low (or No) Insurance: Underinsured and Uninsured Motorist Coverage - What You Need To Know To Protect Your Family03.17.2021