Bailey Glasser is the leading law firm using Title IX to win gender equity – equal participation opportunities, athletic financial aid, and treatment – for girls and women at schools across the country. Our attorneys have been at the forefront of Title IX precedent for decades.
Title IX prohibits all educational institutions receiving federal funds from discriminating on the basis of sex. This includes almost all colleges and universities, public or private, and all public schools.
Bailey Glasser’s Arthur Bryant was lead trial counsel in the first Title IX case tried against a university for discriminating against its women athletes and potential athletes. He has successfully represented more women athletes and potential athletes in Title IX litigation against schools and universities than any lawyer in the country.
At Public Justice, Arthur and his co-counsel used Title IX to preserve women’s athletic opportunities and advance gender equity at, among others, Temple University, the University of Oklahoma, William & Mary College, the University of New Hampshire, Brown University, UMass-Amherst, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, UCLA, the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut, the University of Wisconsin, the University of Northern Iowa, West Chester University, Assumption College, Florida A&M, North Carolina Wesleyan College, and the Indiana High School Athletic Association.
At Bailey Glasser, Arthur and his co-counsel have already used or are using Title IX to preserve women’s athletic opportunities and advance gender equity at Brown University, William & Mary College, East Carolina University, the University of North Carolina at Pembroke, the University of California, Fresno, and Dartmouth College.
Due to our experience working within the law, we are well versed in the policies, guidelines, and trends that impact Title IX accusations, investigations, and decisions. We know what it takes to bring a case to the forefront and obtain a successful resolution for students affected.
News & Insights
- East Carolina University Agrees to Reinstate Women’s Swimming, Diving & Tennis; Develop Gender Equity Plan; and Comply with Title IX01.07.2021
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke Reinstates Women’s Golf, Will Comply with Title IX to Avoid Sex Discrimination Class Action Suit12.21.2020
- Court Gives Final Approval To Settlement Restoring Equal Opportunities For Women In Brown University Athletics12.15.2020
- William & Mary University Agrees to Reinstate Women’s Gymnastics, Swimming and Volleyball; Comply Fully with Title IX in Two Years to Avoid Suit10.19.2020
- Brown University to Reinstate Women’s Equestrian and Fencing To Comply with Title IX and Provide Equal Opportunity for Women Athletes09.17.2020
- Two Decades After Landmark Title IX Case, Brown University Abandons Gender Equity in Athletics Program06.29.2020