Bailey Glasser is the leading law firm using Title IX to win gender equity – equal participation opportunities, athletic financial aid, and treatment – for student-athletes across the country. Our attorneys have been at the forefront of Title IX precedent for decades.
Title IX prohibits all educational institutions receiving federal funds from discriminating on the basis of sex. This includes almost all colleges and universities, public or private, and all public schools.
Bailey Glasser’s Arthur Bryant was lead trial counsel in the first Title IX case tried against a university for discriminating against its female (and male) athletes and potential athletes. He has successfully represented more women athletes and potential athletes in Title IX litigation against schools and universities than any lawyer in the country.
At Public Justice, Arthur and his co-counsel used Title IX to preserve women’s athletic opportunities and advance gender equity at, among others, Temple University, the University of Oklahoma, William & Mary College, the University of New Hampshire, Brown University, UMass-Amherst, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, UCLA, the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut, the University of Wisconsin, the University of Northern Iowa, West Chester University, Assumption College, Florida A&M, North Carolina Wesleyan College, and the Indiana High School Athletic Association.
At Bailey Glasser, Arthur and his co-counsel have already used or are using Title IX to preserve women’s (and men's) athletic opportunities and advance gender equity at Brown University, William & Mary College, East Carolina University, the University of North Carolina at Pembroke, Dartmouth College, the University of California, Fresno, University of St. Thomas, La Salle University, and Clemson University.
Due to our experience working within the law, we are well versed in the policies, guidelines, and trends that impact Title IX accusations, investigations, and decisions. We know what it takes to bring a case to the forefront and obtain a successful resolution for students affected.
News & Insights
- Federal Appeals Court Vacates District Court Decision in Fresno State Title IX Case, Opens Door for All-Female-Student-Athlete Class Action01.17.2024
- Partner Arthur Bryant in On3NIL: "Prominent Title IX lawyer: Utah Collective's NIL Truck Deal 'Huge' Concern for University"11.21.2023
- Federal Court Holds All Plaintiffs in Precedent-Setting Title IX Case Can Sue San Diego State University for Retaliation10.11.2023
- Florida State University Agrees to Add Women's Lacrosse Team, Develop Gender Equity Plan, and Comply With Title IX10.03.2023
- Title IX Sex Discrimination Case Against SDSU Moves Forward Again: Court Holds All Women Athletes Can Sue For Damages, Future Discrimination Can Be Barred09.18.2023
- 18 Public Interest Groups File Brief in Federal Appeal Supporting Title IX Challenge to Fresno State07.25.2023
- Title IX Sex Discrimination Case Against SDSU Moving Forward on All Counts: Equal Athletic Financial Aid, Retaliation, and Equal Treatment04.13.2023
- "Enough Is Enough": Female Athletes Secure Settlement Agreement Ensuring Michigan State University’s Title IX Compliance for Years to Come01.13.2023
- Brown University Agrees to Pay Over $1 Million in Title IX Case for Female Athletes’ Costs and Attorneys’ Fees11.08.2022
- Female Student-Athletes File Title IX Sex Discrimination Class Action Against University of Central Oklahoma for Equal Treatment and Retaliation09.20.2022
- Female Athletes Add Unequal Treatment, Retaliation Claims to Title IX Sex Discrimination Class Action Against San Diego State University04.21.2022
- Dickinson College Reinstates Men’s Squash Team Four Months After Reinstating Women’s Squash Team to Avoid Title IX Lawsuit02.10.2022
- Female Athletes File Title IX Sex Discrimination Class Action Against San Diego State University for Depriving Women of Equal Athletic Financial Aid02.07.2022
- Courtroom Win May Provide Michigan State University Women Student-Athletes a Chance to Compete Again02.04.2022
- Appeals Court Approves Settlement Restoring Equal Opportunities For Women In Brown University Athletics10.27.2021
- Dickinson College Agrees to Reinstate Women’s Squash Team, Stop Discriminating Against Female Student-Athletes, and Comply with Title IX10.06.2021
- La Salle University Agrees to Provide Female Student-Athletes with Equal Treatment, Come Into Compliance with Title IX, and Add as Many Women's Teams As That Takes06.29.2021
- University of St. Thomas in Minnesota Agrees to Reinstate Women’s Tennis Team, Develop Gender Equity Plan, and Comply with Title IX06.17.2021
- Male & Female Student-Athletes Win Historic Title IX Sex Discrimination Settlements with Clemson University04.22.2021
- Women’s Lacrosse Players File Sex Discrimination Class Action Against Fresno State for Eliminating Team and Violating Title IX02.12.2021
- Dartmouth College Agrees to Reinstate Women’s Golf, Swimming & Diving; Develop Gender Equity Plan; and Comply with Title IX01.29.2021
- East Carolina University Agrees to Reinstate Women’s Swimming, Diving & Tennis; Develop Gender Equity Plan; and Comply with Title IX01.07.2021
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke Reinstates Women’s Golf, Will Comply with Title IX to Avoid Sex Discrimination Class Action Suit12.21.2020
- Court Gives Final Approval To Settlement Restoring Equal Opportunities For Women In Brown University Athletics12.15.2020
- William & Mary University Agrees to Reinstate Women’s Gymnastics, Swimming and Volleyball; Comply Fully with Title IX in Two Years to Avoid Suit10.19.2020
- Brown University to Reinstate Women’s Equestrian and Fencing To Comply with Title IX and Provide Equal Opportunity for Women Athletes09.17.2020
- Two Decades After Landmark Title IX Case, Brown University Abandons Gender Equity in Athletics Program06.29.2020