Becky Pomeroy is a trial lawyer representing clients spanning both sides of litigation in complex civil cases. Becky’s diverse practice includes all manners of complex commercial transactions, employment matters, personal injury, wrongful death, and construction defects. Throughout her career, she has devoted her practice to efficiently solving her client’s most difficult problems.
Her diverse practice has involved the successful defense an employer in an intentional tort case involving 33 employees alleging exposure to toxic chemicals, winning dismissal of all claims. At the same time, Becky prosecuted an age discrimination claim against a large corporation in a jury trial securing a verdict of more than $900,000. Most recently, she won a $4.2 million jury verdict in Maryland federal court, on behalf of a major automotive retailer in an insurance coverage dispute.
Becky regularly represents a regional telecommunications company in all types of litigation including obtaining partial relief in a case brought before the West Virginia Public Service Commission involving a contract dispute with a competitor.
Throughout her career, Becky has utilized tough negotiation skills that have resolved many of her clients’ disputes but is always prepared to go to trial when necessary to achieve optimal results for her clients.
Government Service / Previous Employment
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Irene Keeley, US District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia (2001)
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law, 2001, Law Review, Law Student Volunteer of Year Award (2000)
B.S., West Virginia University, 1998
- West Virginia
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- US District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- Obtained a plaintiff’s verdict of $915,288 against Lockheed Martin Corporation for alleged age discrimination involving a former employee with approximately 35 years of accredited service to the company; the matter was later resolved by a confidential settlement, and the judgment order was vacated
- Assisted in obtaining a complete defense verdict in a three-week jury trial on behalf of a regional nursing home company in West Virginia accused of nursing home neglect, wrongful death, and corporate wrongdoing
- Obtained a plaintiff’s verdict of $4,629,130 in Maryland District Court on behalf of a major automotive retailer in an insurance coverage dispute when the client was forced to sue its insurance company for refusal to provide a defense to the client in a prior litigation; the jury awarded full damages and the court awarded the client prejudgment interest; following trial, the insurer appealed the case to the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals where the decision on the duty to defend was affirmed.
Represented a client on an interlocutory appeal brought at the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals involving a claim of qualified immunity in a False Claims Act (FCA) case; In a published opinion, the Fourth Circuit found qualified immunity could not be asserted in a FCA case.
News & Insights
News & Insights
Community & Professional
Community and Professional Activities
West Virginia Bar Association
Harrison County Bar Association