Elizabeth Ryan concentrates her practice on class actions, representing consumers challenging unfair lending practices and violations of state and federal consumer protection statutes, as well as employees challenging violations of wage and hour laws. Elizabeth also represents whistleblowers in False Claims Act cases involving fraud against the government.
Throughout her career, she has focused on protecting the rights of those victimized by unfair business and employment practices.
Elizabeth was recently named Diversity Partner for the firm.
- Law Clerk, Hon. Nan R. Huhn, DC Superior Court, 1986
J.D., The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, 1985
B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 1981
- US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Represented a class of borrowers challenging repossession notices in Williams v. American Honda, a case that involved appeals to the US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court; resulted in a reported decision confirming that lenders must give borrowers accurate information about their potential deficiency liability
- Represented multiple classes of home health care workers who were not paid for their required travel time to go to patients’ homes, resulting in settlements that returned hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid wages
- Represented a class of purchasers of a generic vitamin supplement who alleged the supplement’s label falsely claimed it was effective in slowing the progression of age-related macular degeneration, resulting in nationwide settlement
News & Insights
News & Insights
- 11.14.19 - 11.17.19
- Bailey Glasser Attorneys File Class-Action Against 11 Applebee’s Restaurants On Behalf of Tipped Employees Alleging Wage Violations12.06.2016
Community & Professional
Community and Professional Activities
National Association of Consumer Advocates
Women’s Bar Association
Volunteer Lawyers Project