Laura Babiak represents clients in complex pension, 401(k) plan, and employee stock ownership plan matters. Before joining Bailey Glasser, Laura worked as a student clinician in West Virginia University College of Law’s United States Supreme Court Clinic, representing clients on appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Laura also handles matters related to the denial of long-term disability benefits for people impacted by COVID-19, including individuals who are immunocompromised or have other issues that impact their ability to be in-person at workplaces, or who have long-haul COVID.
- Law Clerk, Honorable John T. Copenhaver, Jr., US District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia (2019-2020)
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law, 2019, Order of the Coif
B.S., West Virginia University, 2016, summa cum laude
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- Representing surgeon in federal case against Unum related to COVID-19 and the denial of long-term disability benefits under an ERISA long-term disability plan.
News & Insights
News & Insights
- Male & Female Student-Athletes Win Historic Title IX Sex Discrimination Settlements with Clemson University04.22.2021
- East Carolina University Agrees to Reinstate Women’s Swimming, Diving & Tennis; Develop Gender Equity Plan; and Comply with Title IX01.07.2021
- Justice Prevails for A Fourth Time: Bailey Glasser Secures Another Win for Governor’s Pandemic Response12.03.2020