Bailey Glasser Announces Partner Elevations for 2022
Bailey Glasser is pleased to announce the elevation of several new partners, and one new equity partner, effective January 1, 2022. The newly elected partners are Arthur H. Bryant, Joshua I. Hammack, Sharon F. Iskra, and Brian J. McAllister. Nicholas S. Johnson, a partner and practice area leader, has also been elevated to equity partner.
“We congratulate these talented lawyers on their new roles at Bailey Glasser,” said founding partner Ben Bailey. “As Bailey Glasser continues to grow and flourish, we are proud to elevate partners who are exceptionally talented, deeply committed to our clients, and have critical roles to play in this firm’s diverse practice. I couldn’t be happier that these folks have made this commitment to Bailey Glasser and its future. I am also very happy to welcome Nick Johnson to our equity partner group, as he will be a key component of our firm’s future success.”
Founding partner Brian Glasser added, “Congratulations to these lawyers on their elections to partner and to Nick Johnson upon his elevation to equity partner. My colleagues’ sophisticated legal skills, quality of client work, and dedication to the firm have been integral parts to our success and enable us to meet our clients’ complicated legal challenges. It is my pleasure to welcome these lawyers to partnership and to work alongside them, and I appreciate the commitment they have made to Bailey Glasser and our future.”
- Nicholas S. Johnson has accepted the firm's offer to become an equity partner. Nick's remarkable skills as a trial lawyer, his critical work for the firm as the Corporate, Commercial Litigation, and Criminal Practice Area Leader, and his proven ability to fight successfully for the firm's clients are renowned as he assumes this new role. Nick was co-lead counsel (along with Brian Glasser) of the trial team that won a $32.7M jury verdict on behalf of Ramaco Resources, Inc. in 2021. Nick’s diverse practice includes complex litigation over large “deals gone wrong,” including mineral development agreements, sale-leasebacks, financial derivatives, insurance contracts, recoupment agreements, LLC or partnership agreements, and UCC sales contracts, to name a few. He is one of the few lawyers who can also pivot from litigation and just as artfully craft complex commercial documents to ensure a business runs smoothly.
- Arthur H. Bryant joined Bailey Glasser after a long, successful tenure as Executive Director of Public Justice. He has won major victories and established precedents in constitutional law, consumer protection, toxic torts, civil rights, class actions, and mass torts. He was recently named by the National Law Journal as a 2021 Trailblazer in Sports Law. In the past year, Arthur has won settlements preserving women's (and men's) intercollegiate athletic opportunities and advancing gender equity at Brown University, the College of William & Mary, Clemson University, the University of North Carolina at Pembroke, East Carolina University, University of St. Thomas, La Salle University, Dartmouth College, and Dickinson College.
- Joshua I. Hammack represents clients in state and federal courts across the country, both at trial and on appeal and before regulatory agencies. With a passion and talent for writing briefs – his work includes drafting amicus briefs and petitions for certiorari for the Supreme Court of the United States – Joshua deeply researches each matter he handles, then persuasively writes about them with clarity and precision. Based in our Washington, D.C. office, he was an integral member of the trial team that won a $32.7M jury verdict on behalf of Ramaco Resources, Inc. in 2021.
- Sharon F. Iskra leads the firm's Institutional Abuse & Neglect team and is a nationally recognized advocate for children, individuals with special needs, and others who have been abused, neglected, or exploited in institutions such as group homes, rehabilitation centers, universities, hotels, and foster care facilities. Based in our Charleston, WV office, Sharon was lead counsel of the trial team that secured the largest verdict on record in Hardy County, WV on behalf of two mentally disabled and nonverbal children who were abused at a residential group home. Sharon is also a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) representing children in abuse and neglect cases, and she makes frequent presentations on the subject.
- Brian J. McAllister is an integral part of the firm's cutting-edge Electronically Stored Information (ESI) group, where he assists clients and lawyers in the implementation of structured, strategic, and analytic e-Discovery functionalities, including collection and preservation, document review, use of technology, as well as technology-assisted review (TAR) and ESI protocols. Brian also offers significant claims administration experience, serving as a primary point of contact for claimants in the Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Multidistrict Litigation, as well as recently coordinating claims administration in Krakauer v. Dish Network, L.L.C., a class action in which Bailey Glasser secured a $61M judgment for violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.