Partner Eric Snyder is the Practice Group Leader of Bailey Glasser’s national Automotive, Antitrust, Insurance, Financial Products, & Whistleblower Practice Group, as well as the firm’s General Counsel.
Eric maintains a nationwide complex litigation practice focusing on class actions and mass torts, mostly in the product liability and antitrust spaces. Eric represents a diverse group of clients including injured individuals, businesses involved in commercial disputes, other lawyers and persons subject to civil enforcement actions. He has also represented clients with both commercial and personal issues in many aspects of the mining and energy industries.
Eric has been part of Bailey Glasser’s national trial teams that have changed the landscape of automotive safety, including the nationwide class actions alleging sudden unintended acceleration defects in Toyota and Lexus vehicles, with Eric being appointed to a key MDL leadership position serving on the Plaintiffs’ Committee for the Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases. The Toyota matter ultimately settled economic loss claims to plaintiffs for $1.6 billion. Since that landmark litigation, Eric has been on the forefront of similar cases, including in the Volkswagen “Clean Diesel” class action, and other litigations involving Toyota, Tesla, and other automobile manufacturers.
Eric is a 2024 Best Lawyer in the Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation (Charleston, WV) category. In 2023, he was ranked as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by National Trial Lawyers. He is ranked AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell.
Eric has been quoted or featured in various major news media outlets, including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, the Philadelphia Inquirer, CNBC and the BBC in connection with his work in the Toyota Sudden Unintended Acceleration Litigation.
He has written and spoken on class action, ethics and management issues, and general litigation topics, and mentors Bailey Glasser’s junior lawyers on litigation and ethics matters.
Awards & Accolades
Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Law - Plaintiffs and Product Liability Law - Plaintiffs, Charleston, West Virginia (2024)
Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™
National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, West Virginia (2023)
AmLaw Daily, “Top Plaintiffs Lawyers” (2010)
J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2002, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Articles Editor - Law Review
B.S., Penn State University, 1999
- West Virginia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U..S District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Served on the Plaintiffs’ Lead Counsel Committee in the Toyota Unintended Acceleration MDL for the personal injury and wrongful death cases; worked extensively on this years-long litigation that resulted in hundreds of settlements for plaintiffs injured or killed in UA-related crashes, and over $1 billion in recovery for those who suffered diminution in value of their Toyota vehicles
- Represented a group of West Virginia wine distributors in an antitrust action against a nationwide alcohol distributor and its West Virginia affiliate; obtained a confidential settlement within 18 months of filing
- Obtained a $3 million settlement for victims of sexual abuse at a local high school; success in this case required extensive factual proof of the “red flags” of the perpetrator’s dangerousness that administrators failed to act on and appreciate
- Counsel to a putative class of gasoline purchasers in New England; case proceeded through fact and expert discovery and the parties reached a settlement on the eve of the deadline for summary judgment motions and submitted that settlement for court approval
- Represented a fellow lawyer against whom ethics charges had been brought; resulted in a sanction much less severe than recommendation by the West Virginia Office of Disciplinary Counsel
News & Insights
News & Insights
- 42 Bailey Glasser Lawyers Named To The Best Lawyers in America & Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch 2024 Guides08.17.2023
- Bailey Glasser Awarded Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2023 and Achieves Nationwide Rankings in ERISA and Product Liability Litigation06.15.2023
- WV Attorney General Patrick Morrisey and Governor Jim Justice Announce $101.3M Settlement in Paving Antitrust Case10.30.2020