Sallie Gilbert concentrates her practice on representing clients in commercial and civil litigation in a wide variety of construction disputes, complex commercial cases, mass torts, and environmental disputes.
She has considerable experience at all stages of civil litigation and has successfully resolved disputes for her clients in arbitration and mediation. Sallie has represented clients in a variety of industries including energy, health care, construction, and higher education.
Awards & Accolades
Super Lawyers, District of Columbia, "Rising Star," Business Litigation (2022)
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., Mississippi State University
- West Virginia
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- Part of trial team that obtained a unanimous jury verdict on behalf of Shonk Land Company, proving five separate breaches of Shonk’s contractual rights of first refusal, awarding the plaintiff over $4.1 million in damages. As a result of those verdicts, Shonk will be restored as the rightful owner of 16,000-plus acres of valuable oil & gas property. In addition, the trial team proved intentional trespass, slander of Shonk’s title, tortious interference, and unjust enrichment.
- Attained $10 million arbitration award for a telecommunications utility contractor in a contract dispute related to the installation of Google Fiber.
- Helped more than 120 plaintiffs who were victims of a residential natural gas explosion in Silver Spring, Maryland successfully resolve their claims.
- Favorably resolved an oil and gas lease dispute regarding an assignment of a lease without consent and failure to pay royalties.
News & Insights
Community & Professional
Community and Professional Activities
Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia