Victor Woods maintains a diverse practice concentrating in the areas of catastrophic personal injury, products liability, insurance bad faith, consumer protection, and class action litigation.
A native of Charleston, Vic worked as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of West Virginia, where among other things he served as co-lead counsel in West Virginia’s landmark tobacco litigation.
After serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Warren R. McGraw, Justice of the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, Vic has fought hard over the past two decades representing the rights of individuals who have been injured through the fault of others and those who have suffered economic harm as a result of irresponsible corporate conduct.
- Law Clerk, Hon. Warren R. McGraw, Justice, Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia (1999 - 2002)
Government Service / Previous Employment
- Assistant Attorney General for the State of West Virginia (1995 - 1999)
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law, 1995, Order of the Coif
B.A., University of Chicago, 1985
- West Virginia
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- US District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- Successfully represented individuals who were severely injured as a result of a carbon monoxide leak at a hotel
- Served as class co-counsel in Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company v. O’Dell, a class action lawsuit against Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, which resulted in a $75 million settlement for Nationwide’s West Virginia policyholders
- Successfully represented families of miners lost in the tragic Sago Mine Disaster
- Obtained a successful jury verdict after a six-week mass-litigation trial for hundreds of Mingo County, West Virginia residents whose groundwater supplies were destroyed as a result of underground coal mining
- Served as co-lead counsel in West Virginia’s tobacco litigation, which resulted in an estimated $1.8 billion settlement that contributes tens of millions of dollars to the state’s budget every year
Community & Professional
Community and Professional Activities
American Association for Justice
West Virginia Association for Justice
Assistant Scout Master and Troop Executive Committee Secretary, Boy Scouts of America