Lori A. Bullock
- T: 515.416.9051
- F: 304.342.1110
Lori Bullock is committed advocate for justice who handles cases across several litigation areas, including labor and employment on behalf of employees, sexual harassment, discrimination, education law, and civil rights.
But it’s her work successfully representing student-athletes who’ve faced discrimination that’s attracted national media attention. Working with Bailey Glasser’s Title IX team, Lori has won a series of high-profile settlements for female student-athletes at eight U.S. colleges and universities to date. Title IX is the federal civil rights law that prohibits sex discrimination at educational institutions receiving federal funds.
A partner in Bailey Glasser’s new Des Moines office, Lori is part of the firm’s expanding Labor & Employment practice group. She’s a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association, Iowa NELA, Iowa State Bar Association, the Polk County Women Attorneys Association, and C. Edwin Moore Inn of Court.
A longtime Iowa resident, Lori holds a J.D. from Drake University Law School, where she served as the president of Drake’s Moot Court Board and team captain of the law school’s National Moot Court team. She holds a B.A. in political science from Iowa State University. Following law school, Lori served as clerk to the Honorable Justice David Wiggins of the Iowa Supreme Court, working on a variety of cases, as well as assisting with, researching, and drafting Supreme Court opinions. She also served as a lawyer in West Des Moines.
Lori lives in Ankeny, Iowa with her husband and two daughters.
When she’s not protecting student-athletes’ rights, Lori enjoys exposing her children to new parts of the world through travel. Lori also enjoys singing and playing board games with friends. Lori is also very active in her community by serving on the boards of Ankeny Community Network, a non-profit focused on educating and engaging persons of color and allies in the community, and Ankeny Dollars for Scholars, a non-profit dedicated to helping Ankeny students get access to funds for college or trade school.
- Law Clerk, Hon. Justice David Wiggins, Iowa Supreme Court
J.D., Drake University Law School, High Honors, Order of the Coif, Order of the Barristers, Recipient of the Justice David and Madonna Harris Award, Katherine Finn Milleman Scholarship Recipient, D.J. Fairgrave Scholarship Recipient
B.A., Iowa State University
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
News & Insights
News & Insights
- "Enough Is Enough": Female Athletes Secure Settlement Agreement Ensuring Michigan State University’s Title IX Compliance for Years to Come01.13.2023
- Brown University Agrees to Pay Over $1 Million in Title IX Case for Female Athletes’ Costs and Attorneys’ Fees11.08.2022
- Female Student-Athletes File Title IX Sex Discrimination Class Action Against University of Central Oklahoma for Equal Treatment and Retaliation09.20.2022
- Female Athletes Add Unequal Treatment, Retaliation Claims to Title IX Sex Discrimination Class Action Against San Diego State University04.21.2022
- Dickinson College Reinstates Men’s Squash Team Four Months After Reinstating Women’s Squash Team to Avoid Title IX Lawsuit02.10.2022
- Female Athletes File Title IX Sex Discrimination Class Action Against San Diego State University for Depriving Women of Equal Athletic Financial Aid02.07.2022
- Courtroom Win May Provide Michigan State University Women Student-Athletes a Chance to Compete Again02.04.2022
- Appeals Court Approves Settlement Restoring Equal Opportunities For Women In Brown University Athletics10.27.2021
- Dickinson College Agrees to Reinstate Women’s Squash Team, Stop Discriminating Against Female Student-Athletes, and Comply with Title IX10.06.2021
Community & Professional
Community and Professional Activities
Emerge Iowa, Board Secretary 2018-2020, Organizing Committee 2017-2018
C. Edwin Moore Inn of Court, Associate Member