Sophia Weinstock concentrates her practice on representing clients in matters related to commercial and civil litigation, business transactions, and criminal defense and investigations.
Most recently, Sophia conducted internal investigations for a national agricultural company’s operations in relation to non-party information requests and advised on the criminal defense for a restitution enforcement action and grand jury investigation in federal court.
Outside of her legal practice, Sophia passionately devotes her time to organizations that promote the diversity and inclusion of underrepresented persons, specifically women of color, in matters related to law and policy. To that end, while in law school, she served at the President of the Latin American Law Students Association and as a Student Attorney for the International Women’s Human Rights Clinic.
Government Service / Previous Employment
- Honors Program Legal Intern, Office of Commissioner Allison Herren Lee, US Securities and Exchange Commission (2019)
- Legal Intern, Southern District of New York, United States Attorney’s Office (2018)
- Advised on the criminal defense for a restitution enforcement action and grand jury investigation in federal court
- Conducted several internal investigations of a national agricultural company’s operations in relation to non-party information requests
- Drafted closing documents for multimillion dollar asset purchase and refinancing agreements
- Represented a major agricultural company in action seeking roughly $2 million dollars in damages for the environmental cleanup and loss of product due to a negligent driver's spill of agricultural product
- Advised on litigation seeking justice for constitutional rights violations due to excessive force used by law enforcement
News & Insights
News & Insights
Community & Professional
Community and Professional Activities
Co-Chair, Women of Color Taskforce, Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
Hispanic National Bar Association
Greater Washington Area Chapter, Women Lawyers Division, National Bar Association (GWAC)