Alexandra Arwood handles complex transactions for a wide range of private businesses and public entities. Her corporate and commercial practice includes commercial lending, mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiation, business organization and reorganization, commercial real estate, and equity and debt financings.
Alexandra has also advised and represented state entities, municipalities, school boards, county commissions and other public bodies with respect to a variety of public financing matters and economic development transactions.
In addition, a large portion of Alexandra’s practice has been dedicated to serving as general counsel to organizations in both the private and public sectors. She has also developed a niche practice within the broadband industry by assisting private communications businesses and the State in their efforts to expand broadband internet access across West Virginia.
Awards & Accolades
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2023):
- Banking and Finance Law
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law, 2017
B.A., West Virginia University, 2014, magna cum laude
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- Represented first lien lenders and affiliates in acquiring coaling mining assets in both Illinois and Indiana following White Stallion Energy LLC’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Represented communications provider in securing a combination of federal and state financing and grants, as well as private funding, to develop large-scale fiber optics networks in West Virginia, which will dramatically increase the availably of high-speed internet across the state