Communications Coordinator (Charleston, WV)
About Bailey & Glasser
Bailey Glasser is a national law firm with 16 offices across the country. Our highly collaborative firm is comprised of entrepreneurial and creative attorneys who handle high-stakes corporate work and complex litigation. Founded in 1999 by prominent lawyers Brian Glasser and Ben Bailey, the firm is expanding, and with it, our marketing department is expanding too.
Under the direction of the firm’s Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for producing the firm’s external marketing material. No two days will be the same. You will be in charge of working on marketing materials, pitches, RFPs, our firm newsletter, blog posts, awards submissions, our firm website, invitations, social media, and more. More details are below.
If you love to write, are an excellent editor, and desire a highly collaborative and creative environment in which to professionally flourish and have your voice heard and appreciated, we would love to have you join our team.
To learn more about the firm, please visit www.BaileyGlasser.com
To apply for this job, please send a resume and cover letter to Marianne Talbot, Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, at MTalbot@BaileyGlasser.com
Key responsibilities of the Communications Coordinator position include:
- Understanding, developing, and maintaining a consistent brand voice that aligns with Bailey Glasser’s mission, vision, and values — and ensuring all online and offline content fits this established brand.
- Developing key marketing content and lead initiatives, including value-driven webinars, eBooks, blog posts, print articles, social media content, direct mail projects, and more.
- Contributing to company social media profiles, including strategizing, composing, scheduling/posting, and responding on a variety of channels.
- Playing a key role in multi-channel content creation; coordinating with designers, editors, and others to create on-brand graphics, videos, and other assets.
- Write, review, and/or edit all internal and external marketing materials ensuring consistent tone, style, and readability, including but not limited to firm wide promotional material, web content, practice descriptions, attorney bios, brochures, alumni newsletters, boilerplate text, directory entries. Ensure all editorial content complies with the Firm’s brand messaging, tone of voice and editorial guidelines.
- Project manage the development and delivery of a variety of publications and print/online content.
- Proofing/editing the work of the marketing department and ensuring approvals are met prior to release of all jobs.
- Maintaining deadlines and assist with firm sponsorships, attorney and firm nominations and listings.
- Proofing/editing of attorney bios, practice area descriptions, internal and external communications as needed.
- Coordinating firm media releases, research and responsible for all postings that follow.
- Preparation of business development materials, including pitches and proposals, and responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Identify objectives for all marketing communications materials, programs, and campaigns to evaluate effectiveness and overall performance and track ROI to demonstrate value of the Firm’s marketing communications program; report back to management; adjust future tactics and campaigns as needed.
- Provide day-to-day editorial support to lawyers and internal teams by advising on structure, reviewing and copy-editing text and ensuring technical material is accessible to a non-expert legal audience.
- Work with marketing on special projects, seminars, presentations, research and special events.
- Attend departmental meetings and any other committee meetings as needed.
- Produce additional projects as needed, and other tasks as assigned.
- College degree required. Major in English, Journalism, Marketing, New Media or relevant field preferred, or significant professional experience in similar position.
- Minimum five years in a legal marketing position, or in journalism, copywriting, social media or related positions.
- Excellent communications skills and strong organizational skills, including web, social media, regional media, and press postings.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate complicated subject matter clearly; persuasive presentation skills; a talent for listening actively and well.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills.
- Appreciates the use of an Oxford comma.
- Program knowledge to include Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Social media knowledge and blog experience would be desirable.
- Strong client service mentality and a proactive approach.
- A team player and collaborative personality. Not afraid to ask questions, or to course-correct.
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills.
- High level of attention to detail and good judgment. Ability to make intuitive decisions, but also to know when to ask questions.
- The ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the firm.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- The ability to recognize and analyze problems, and a capacity to make or recommend sound solutions. A professional demeanor with the ability to be supportive and build credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to promote a collaborative environment through actions.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to travel and work flexible and fluctuating work hours, as needed.
- Goal oriented with a strong desire to produce results.
- Holds a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Graphic design experience would be highly appreciated (but not required).
This position requires sitting for long periods of time while operating a computer. At times, employees are required to work in excess of the normal work schedule and to help with events. Employees in this position must be mobile, have the ability to bend, and have ability to lift and carry files weighing approximately 10-15 lbs.
How can we
Find a Lawyer
To reach one of our lawyers directly, please click here to access our firm directory.
If you or your client might benefit from working with Bailey Glasser’s legal team, contact us today at 877.852.0342.
Join Our Team
To express your interest in joining our team, please click here to contact Bailey Glasser's recruiting contacts.