Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Bailey & Glasser, LLP (“Bailey Glasser”) is a national law firm with 18 offices across the country. Our highly collaborative and friendly firm is comprised of entrepreneurial and creative lawyers who handle high-stakes corporate work and complex litigation. Founded in 1999 by prominent lawyers Brian Glasser and Ben Bailey, the firm is expanding, and with it, our marketing department is expanding too.
Under the direction of the firm’s Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, the Communications Coordinator will be a chief contributor in producing the firm’s external marketing material. No two days will be the same and you will have opportunities to grow your legal marketing skill set in most ways other law firms cannot provide. You will be working with the marketing department using different technologies and platforms to prepare and assist with preparing marketing materials, pitches, webinars, graphic design pieces, newsletters, blog posts, awards submissions, invitations, social media, events, and much more.
Ideally this position will be in Philadelphia, but we are open to candidates in cities where we have offices.
If desire a diverse, collaborative, and creative environment in which to professionally flourish, expand your skill set in exponential ways, and have your voice heard and appreciated, we would love to have you join our team. To learn more about us, please visit www.BaileyGlasser.com
To apply for this job, please send a resume and cover letter to Marianne Talbot, Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, at MTalbot@BaileyGlasser.com
Key responsibilities of the Communications Coordinator position include:
- Assist in key marketing initiatives, including client alerts, webinars, newsletters, blog posts, print articles, social media content, event planning, sponsorship organizing, and more.
- Contributing to company social media profiles and campaigns, including strategizing, composing, scheduling/posting, and responding on a variety of channels, as well as handling related technologies, including Hootsuite and Canva for social media branding.
- Playing a key role in multi-channel content creation; coordinating with designers, editors, and others to create on-brand graphics, videos, and other assets, including on Canva.
- Create, proofread, and edit copy for various marketing channels, including web content, practice descriptions, attorney bios, brochures, awards submissions (including Chambers), and more.
- Preparation of business development materials, including pitches and proposals, and responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Independently coordinate Bailey Glasser marketing and community events, including overseeing logistics, managing registrations, coordinating with vendors, creating itineraries, and ordering marketing collateral.
- Ensure all editorial content complies with the Firm’s brand messaging, tone of voice and editorial guidelines.
- Help manage the development and delivery of a variety of publications and print/online content.
- Serve as a liaison with the marketing department with firm practice groups.
- Coordinate product, event, or content email marketing campaigns, including copy, scheduling, testing, and basic database management.
- Maintaining deadlines and assist with firm sponsorships, attorney and firm nominations, and listings.
- Proofing/editing of attorney bios, practice area descriptions, internal and external communications as needed, including utilizing the firm’s website CMS.
- Assist with management of firm CRM, and other data steward responsibilities.
- Coordinating firm media releases, research, and responsible for all postings that follow.
- Monitoring market, industry trends, and the competitive landscape, while helping strategize and implement marketing, branding, and advertising plans.
- Provide day-to-day editorial support to lawyers and internal teams by advising on structure, reviewing, and copy-editing text, and ensuring technical material is accessible to a non-expert legal audience.
- Work with marketing on special projects, seminars, presentations, research, and special events.
- Attend departmental meetings and any other committee meetings as assigned.
- Produce additional projects as needed, and other tasks as assigned.
- College degree required. Major in English, Journalism, Marketing, New Media, or relevant field preferred, or significant professional experience in similar position.
- Minimum two years in a legal marketing position, or three years in journalism, copywriting, social media, or related positions.
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and strong organizational skills, including web, social media, regional media, and press postings.
- Adept with different social media platforms and how to optimize their reach.
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Working knowledge of basic design and email software including Canva.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to independently move project forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate complicated subject matter clearly; persuasive presentation skills; and a talent for listening actively and well.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Program knowledge to include Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Social media and tech prowess, including on LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter. TikTok experience appreciated, and with an enthusiastic eye to emerging and new social media technologies.
- Strong client service mentality and a proactive approach.
- A team player and collaborative personality. Not afraid to ask questions, or to course-correct.
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills.
- High level of attention to detail and good judgment. Ability to make intuitive decisions, but also to know when to ask questions.
- The ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the firm.
- The ability to recognize and analyze problems, and a capacity to make or recommend sound solutions. A professional demeanor with the ability to be supportive and build credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to travel and work flexible and fluctuating work hours, as needed.
- Goal oriented with a strong desire to produce results.
- Holds a high degree of emotional intelligence.
This position requires sitting for long periods of time while operating a computer. At times, employees are required to work more than the normal work schedule and to help with events. Employees in this position must be mobile, can bend, and have ability to lift and carry boxes weighing approximately 10-15 lbs.
How can we
Find a Lawyer
To reach one of our lawyers directly, please click here to access our firm directory.
If you or your client might benefit from working with Bailey Glasser’s legal team, contact us today at 877.852.0342.
Join Our Team
To express your interest in joining our team, please click here to contact Bailey Glasser's recruiting contacts.