Administrative Assistant/Paralegal (St. Petersburg, FL)
Bailey & Glasser, LLP, a growing 81-lawyer law firm headquartered in Charleston, WV, and with offices in seventeen locations, is seeking a highly qualified individual to provide support in a hybrid capacity as an Administrative Assistant/Paralegal in our downtown St. Petersburg, FL office. This full-time in-person position will be an integral part of the firm, whose practice centers on complex commercial, class action, and mass tort litigation, and a corporate practice that includes multi-billion-dollar energy and finance transactions.
This team member will work from the downtown St. Petersburg, FL office and provide competent administrative and legal support services to two partners and an associate. Areas of practice in this office include Corporate, Commercial, and Transactional law, as well as Estates & Trusts and Litigation. Previous experience in the latter two would be a plus.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, highly organized person who enjoys helping others. In addition to typing, filing, and scheduling, this person performs duties such as record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining office supplies, coordinating mailings, working on special projects, and running in-office errands. This person also answers routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. The position deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
If you feel you have excellent communication and people skills and are looking to be part of a great team, please send your resume to email@example.com with “Administrative Assistant/Paralegal – St. Petersburg” in the email subject line.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provides daily secretarial and administrative support to two partners and one associate.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, depositions, hearings, travel, conferences, and department activities.
- Responsible for outgoing mail and filings including copying, mailing, scanning and will transcribe dictation on a routine basis.
- Knowledge of all various firm system management platforms such as the case management software.
- Organizing and prioritizing large volumes of information and calls, fielding/answering all routine questions.
- Draft form letters to clients, court, clerk, opposing counsel.
- Proofread documents written by lawyers and review all outgoing documents for accuracy, including attachments, exhibits, etc.
- Serve as liaison between the firm and third-party vendors.
- Prepare correspondence and perform other administrative tasks as needed.
- Be or become highly proficient in all software programs used by our firm. This includes, but is not limited to: Microsoft Office 365, document management systems, and case management systems.
- Organize estate planning or transaction closing packets from a set of complicated documents.
- File various state and federal court and administrative documents (either electronically depending on the Court’s requirements, or prepare clerk letter, copy, fax, mail, arrange for hand delivery or service by process server).
- Submit grammatically correct billing narratives that efficiently describe the services provided.
- Profile all outgoing and incoming documents, including electronic (email) and hard versions.
- Regularly update Case Management system with matters, case captions, client/matter name as needed.
- Keep contact information and entities (persons or organizations) updated.
- Calendar court dates, appointments, deadlines, and events (including ticklers) referenced specifically in incoming or outgoing mail keeping calendar updated.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred but not required with significant relevant experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in a legal or relevant office support setting.
How can we
Find a Lawyer
To reach one of our lawyers directly, please click here to access our firm directory.
If you or your client might benefit from working with Bailey Glasser’s legal team, contact us today at 877.852.0342.
Join Our Team
To express your interest in joining our team, please click here to contact Bailey Glasser's recruiting contacts.